Wednesday 7 January 2015

'Over The Wall' Magazine Collage

This A3 collage is made entirely of ripped and cut magazines, it was a very special piece for me to work on as it was a gift for my Mum.

Over The Wall Magazine Collage


At the end of the garden my mum has a rockery that my daughter and nephew used to stand on to watch the sheep when they were little. My brother built a deck with steps for them so it was easier and safer. When my son and niece began spending the day with Granny they too loved to stand on the deck and watch the sheep, horse or tractor that was in the field.

Inspiration for 'Over The Wall'


This is the photograph I worked from that I had covertly taken when planning the surprise, I did use my artistic license to move the sheep further right and to blend in the farm buildings. I did stay true to the original for the majority of the piece. The wall was the most challenging area to work on, I spent a lot of time building this up.

My Mum was absolutely over the moon to receive it and it was a complete surprise!

Prints and cards taken from this piece are available More Information


No comments:

Post a Comment