Sunday 31 May 2015

Magazine collage 'For Kicks'

Magazine collage 'For Kicks'

This A3 magazine collage 'For Kicks' is part of an on going collection of childhood, celebrating enjoyment in the 'simple things'. I photographed both my children playing in the leaves last autumn, I particularly loved this image of my son and decided to use it for an autumnal piece. 

Inspiration 
When I sketched out the piece I kept mainly to the original image.

Rough Sketch

As I began to collage I made the decision to remove the bench and replace it with the trunk of a tree. I also added subtle hints to suggest the texture of the grass.

Close-up  'For Kicks'

I really wanted to capture the movement of the falling leaves that was missing in the original photograph. I used the same technique I have used in the past to depict waves. I also had to introduce more contrast into these to make them stand out from those behind.

Close-up  'For Kicks'

This piece has been submitted for exhibition, more details soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment